Using Google Maps to create and send us your delivery area is simple and fast. The steps below will guide you through the process.
Create a new map
- Sign in to Google Maps (http://maps.google.com) using the Sign in button in the top right corner of the map.
- Click on the horizontal lines on the left side of the search box to open the menu.
- Click on "My Places"
- Click the "Maps" button.
- Click the "CREATE MAP" button at the bottom.
- To locate your area, enter your store address in the search box and press enter.
- Using the Pan and Zoom-in/out tools, adjust the map display to cover the entire area where you would like to work.
Add Your Area
- To draw your delivery area, you will need to draw a shape. Click the shape button in the toolbar, then select “Add line or shape.”
- Click at each point around the border of your area. To finish drawing, double click on the starting point.
- If you make a mistake, you can revise the area by clicking and moving the small circles along the edge of the area.
- If you would like multiple zones for your delivery area, repeat this same process for each zone making sure to name each zone ("Zone 1", "Zone 2", etc) as each area is created.
Export and send your map
- Click the map menu button in the left panel.
- Select "Export to KML."
- Make sure "Export to a .KML file..." is checked and click "Download."
Need a matching map for your wall? We create the best delivery maps available.